[postgis-users] Ubuntu 8.04 and PostGIS / GEOS versions

Colin Wetherbee cww at denterprises.org
Fri Apr 25 10:26:20 PDT 2008

Chris Hermansen wrote:
> Hi folks;

Hi.  Generally, when starting a new thread, it's better to not reply to
an old one.  More people will see it that way.

> I have Ubuntu 8.04 running at home but haven't looked at the repos yet
> to see what version of PostGIS and GEOS are provided.

Perhaps you should, since you don't have to assume anything.

> Anyway, assuming they aren't quite up to date, do I remember correctly
> that someone on this list tends to build packages for various Linux
> distros when new PostGIS / GEOS releases come out?  Does anyone remember
> who that is?

What makes you think they're not up-to-date?  Ubuntu packages are
available for PostGIS 1.3.3, which was released on April 12.

Colin