[postgis-users] question on performance?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 4 12:14:29 PDT 2008

Saka,

Not sure if this answers your question.  As long as you have spatial indexes
in place point in polygon queries should run pretty fast.  No you don't need
to do point by point comparisons you can do point by polygon comparisons

You would do something along the line of

SELECT polytable.the_polygon, pointtable.the_point
FROM polytable INNER JOIN pointtable ON ST_Intersects(the_polygon,
the_point)

  _____