[postgis-users] Upload a shapefile to PostGIS via Web?

Xiaoyu Guan guanxiaoyu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 01:38:37 PDT 2008

Hi Luigi:

yes, I also see the problem, there are at least two steps, step1: zip all
shapefile and upload. step 2: extract zip file, and import to certain
database. Maybe there is one way or some people are already working on it. I
am think whether possible translate OGR2OGR or Shp2pgsql into python or
other languages, which user can runing the conversion part at server side.
That s what I am thinking about the solution.
Thanks for your reply.

All the best

Xiaoyu

--