[postgis-users] Building SVN version of PostGIS on Mac OS X Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 20 07:34:24 PDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 9:18 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

>> Can anyone give me a hint as to how to proceed? I'm only doing this
>> build because one of my colleagues wants to use the JSON
>> functionality, so if there's some other way of getting this on a
>> Mac build we'd be very happy.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> For the internal build linking, it looks like it's supposed to link
> to the new liblwgeom.a.  But the -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib option is
> after -L../liblwgeom AND the OSX linker prefers dynamic libs, so
> it's finding the old installed liblwgeom.so, which is what the new
> liblwpostgis.so is replacing.
>
> Delete /usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.* and try again.

Hmm, this could cause trouble for existing databases before they are
updated.

A better way would be to change the linker search path behavior.  Try
configuring by adding this:

LDFLAGS=-search_paths_first

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy