[postgis-users] Building SVN version of PostGIS on Mac OS X Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 20 07:46:34 PDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> For the internal build linking, it looks like it's supposed to link
>> to the new liblwgeom.a.  But the -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib option is
>> after -L../liblwgeom AND the OSX linker prefers dynamic libs, so
>> it's finding the old installed liblwgeom.so, which is what the new
>> liblwpostgis.so is replacing.
>> Delete /usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.* and try again.
>
> Ahhh interesting. One of the items left for SVN trunk is to rename
> liblwgeom back to libpostgis (see http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2008-July/020472.html)
> , and so if this really is the problem, it should resolve itself
> when the rename is complete.

Even if it's renamed (404 on that email link Mark), it will still try
to link the installed liblwgeom.so instead of the internal
liblwgeom.a, at compile time.  Unless you mean liblwgeom.a ->
libpostgis.a?

I'll give my -search_paths_first idea a try later and let you know how
it goes.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin