[postgis-users] Building SVN version of PostGIS on Mac OS X Leopard

Robert Rainthorpe rob.rainthorpe at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 10:47:56 PDT 2008

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008, at 06:33PM, "Robert Rainthorpe" <rob.rainthorpe at mac.com> wrote:

>William, that worked a treat. I haven't tested the build yet, but at least it completed!

I've started testing things now and get the following error:

/usr/local/src/postgis-svn/lwgeom postgres$ psql -f lwpostgis.sql -d NewGIS
BEGIN
psql:lwpostgis.sql:55: NOTICE:  type "spheroid" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:lwpostgis.sql:55: ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/lwpostgis.so": dlopen(/usr/local/pgsql/lib/lwpostgis.so, 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/usr/local/pgsql/lib/lwpostgis.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

I'll get to the bottom of this, but I thought I'd better let any fellow travellers know that there are more problems to deal with.

Rob.