[postgis-users] Resource viewer for grama panchayat

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Aug 23 20:05:33 PDT 2008

If you haven't considered it already,  PgRouting might be something to look
at for the shortest route to a place functionality.

http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/

As I recall hearing from someone - I think KaMap is an obsolete package and
people are migrating to other packages from it.  I could be wrong though
since that's just hearsay and doesn't necessarily mean you should switch
anyway.  Things in the GIS OS web framework arena seem to be very in flux at
the moment.

It seems a lot of the newer GIS framework packages - e.g. CartoWeb,
GeoMoose, MapFish are moving towards OpenLayers for their javascript client
rendering.
I don't think any of them aside from MapFish has completed that migration
which I think started out that way.  Anyrate may be worth the effort to look
at some of these packages to see what they provide.

I've only used CartoWeb which does have PostGIS, PgRouting integrated in,
pdf rendering, PHP mapscript based, smarty templating engine.  The others I
don't know too much about aside from their existence.

Below are the relevant links
http://www.cartoweb.org/
http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish
http://www.geomoose.org/moose