[postgis-users] Problem importing from coverage to postgres using ogr2ogr

Shona Talbot Shona.Talbot at timberline.ca
Thu Feb 7 14:20:39 PST 2008

I don't know if this is a postgres or ogr2ogr issue, so I apologize if
I'm looking in the wrong place, but I recently ran into the following:

I used this command to convert a coverage to a postgis database:

*/ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" -lco precision=no PG:"host=mercator
user=postgres dbname=tembec5" phase4b/*

There were no error messages, but any field that contained a dash
("-")in the field name had no values in the postgres db..  It wasnt a
big deal, I just renamed the fields in Arc, and it worked fine. I only
wondered if anyone else had run into this, and if there might be a way
to prevent it other than renaming the field(s).

Shona

Shona Talbot                    GIS Technician
shona.talbot at timberline.ca      Timberline Natural Resource Group
Tel: (250) 562-2628             1579 9th Ave, Prince George, BC V2L 3R8
Fax: (250) 562-6942             http://www.timberline.ca