[postgis-users] SRID 32767 or 4326

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Fri Feb 8 00:12:40 PST 2008

Regina,

I guess you're right. In my version 1.2 spatial_ref_sys, the last
"valid" EPSG entry is 32766.
Beyond that, I have entries that are related to ogr2ogr imports (mostly
from shape files in UTM
projection). I actually use XSLT to upload KML, so don't have the
longlat projection in my
list.

So, yes, seems like an artifact.

Thanks,

GL

Obe, Regina wrote:
> I suspect what you are experiencing is that OGR is generating a new
> spatial ref record because it can't find what it is looking for in the
> list.
>
> For example 32767 doesn't exist in my spatial_ref_sys table and ends at
> 32766, so I suspect both examples you have are OGR spatial ref creations
> at different points in time and have nothing to do with your upgrade.
>
> SELECT UpdateGeometrySRID('public', 'yourtablenamehere',
> 'yourcolumnnamehere', 4236);
>
> To correct the problem.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Regina

Guido Lemoine
Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Support to External Security
Via E. Fermi, 2749 TP 267 Ispra 21027 (VA), Italy
Tel. +39 0332 786239 (direct line) Fax. +39 0332 785154
WWW: http://ses.jrc.it
Disclaimer:
Views expressed are those of the individual and do not represent
the views of the European Commission