[postgis-users] shp2pgsql: unterminated quotet string - spatial_ref_sys dropped

Andreas Laggner andreas.laggner at vti.bund.de
Mon Feb 25 07:36:14 PST 2008

Hi list,

if i want to import a shapefile i often gets this error. Since now i
always could eleminate the error by transfering the data from shape to
file geodatabase and back in arcgis9.2. But not with my actual dataset!
I have done all repairs and transfers in arcgis - i even splited the
data - no success. He always sets the error mark before the 'SRID

ZEILE 1: ...ULL,'0','7.40243892661e+000','3.63388095405e-003','SRID=3146...

I do not know if this associated with the fact, that someone dropped the
spatial_ref_sys from the public scheme. The error first occurs after
that accident?! I just copied a spatial_ref_sys table from another
postgis running local on winxp to the linux postgis where the table was
dropped, they had akin versions of postgresql/postgis installed.

cheers      Andreas

--
Dipl. Geoökologe Andreas Laggner

Institut für Ländliche Räume des vTI
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut (vTI),
Bundesforschungsinstitut für Ländliche Räume, Wald und Fischerei

Institute of Rural Studies of the vTI
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institute (vTI),
Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries

Bundesallee 50
D-38116 Braunschweig

Tel.: (+49) (0)531 596 5515
Fax:  (+49) (0)531 596 5599