[postgis-users] Can postGIS database views work like .ARP project files?

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Mon Feb 25 22:13:28 PST 2008

PostGIS can contain any supported geometry type in the 'geometry'
object, and they don't need to be of the same type within a single table
or view.
If you define a geometry column using 'addGeometryColumn', you can
define the geometry type as a single type (POLYGON, LINE, etc), or you
can define it as GEOMETRY, and include a mix.
The difficulty will come when you try to connect a client app to the
table to visualize.  I'm not sure if/how they will handle mixed feature
types.

--
Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect

Commercial Support for Geospatial Open Source Software