[postgis-users] Scripts to update spatial_ref_sys.sql?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Tue Jan 1 16:33:31 PST 2008

--- Robert Coup <robert.coup at onetrackmind.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I understand from the archives that spatial_ref_sys is created from the
> Proj.4 data? Are there any scripts around to automate this process? (my
> digging around svn didn't find anything).

You run the sql (spatial_ref_sys.sql) that comes with PostGIS, see Chapter 2,
p4, the PostGIS install instructions from:

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/postgis.pdf

Where the sql file resides on your system depends on your PostGIS install, but
you should be able to find it easily enough.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood