[postgis-users] Affine transformations of GIS data.

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 24 23:45:49 PST 2008

Hi Bruce and others,

I think the functionality to compute the affine transformation
coefficients from a set of control points would be a useful and welcome
addition to the Postgis tool-set.

I agree with you that it would be very nice to have an interactive tool to
edit individual control points in the link table in a Desktop GIS, such as
QGIS or uDig. QGIS already has a tool for georeferencing rasters, so maybe
some of the GUI and functionality could be re-used for the adjustment of
vectors as well. I don't know too much about uDig. I am more a QGIS user.

I would be willing to test both, a non-interactive Postgis-function and an
interactive tool in Desktop GIS.

Andreas