[postgis-users] Postgresql client encoding name mismatch

Surachai Locharoen kan2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 02:06:58 PST 2008

Dear all
  I use FME GIS Tool to translate mapinfo file to postgis. My problem is the
translation tools use encoding of the system as postgis client encoding.
(System encoding is "WINDOWS-874-2000"). However postgis client is recognise
only encoding name "WIN874". The both is the same but different in name. I
try to config the tool to overide encoding manaually but not success. I
think it be good if I can add alias encoding to postgresql. How could I add
the aliase encoding name to WIN874?

Best Regard,

--
Surachai Locharoen