[postgis-users] Any tutorials on integrating PostGIS data with the Google Maps API?

Martin Ouellet geomartino at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 06:07:13 PST 2008

Hi Dana,

I've used PostGIS as a backend for my Google
mashups<http://www.geocontact.org>and it work pretty well.  But, at
the time, I didn't knew the existence of
OpenLayers so I did a lot of programming to display the point (from PostGIS)
as GMarkers (in Google Map API).  If I add to do it again, I would
definitely consider OpenLayers to do the job.  OpenLayers will facilate the
integration of data from many source (PostGIS, Google, WMS, etc...) et give
you a lot of cool functinality in bonus.

Martin