[postgis-users] Routing

Andrea Maschio andrea.maschio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:51:49 PST 2008

Hi all, I was trying to import some topology table I have as a shape
file, for experimenting with the routing functions of PGrouting.
Actually I have managed to find the shortest path with the Kanagawa
table provided as example app, but I was guessing what makes a table
suitable for being "routed".

Kanagawa has a gid, a source and a target fields, a length field.
source and target represents the nodes, while gid represents the
branches (obviously there's a geometry column).

Btw, in the tables I found of my town, Padova, I have found no one of
these fields or similar, even if who provided it said it was
"topologically correct". At this point I am missing what exactly this
means, if not that the rapresented geometry is a network of branches
and nodes.

Thanks

Andrea Maschio
http://www.superandrew.it