[postgis-users] Routing

Andrea Maschio andrea.maschio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:54:32 PST 2008

Thanks Daniel,

Daniel Kastl ha scritto:
> For routing with Dijkstra algorithm you only need a "valid" road
> network with information about source (start) and target (end) of each
> link. That's all, and you even don't need something like a geometry
> column.
Ok, I understand what is a valid table, as it is a table "routable",
this meaning that it is basically a list of branches with two fields
indicating the two nodes. The question is: if I have a shape file (I
assume it comes from a ArcGis environment) and who provided it claims it
is topologically valid (btw I have two, one with nodes and one with
branches), but I cannot see in the table generated from shp2pgsql any
field (because actually in the shape file there isn't this information):
is there a way to transform it into something readable from one of the
shortest_path functions?

Thanks a lot

Andrea Maschio
http://wwwsuperandrew.it