[postgis-users] makepolygon with geom info

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jul 1 23:37:45 PDT 2008

Sorry I had a typo  - try the below instead:

SELECT Max(f.gid) as newgid, f.name,
ST_MakePolygon(ST_MakeLine(f.the_geom)) As newgeom
FROM (SELECT name, 0 as psort, gid, the_geom
		FROM foll
	UNION ALL
		SELECT fs.*
		FROM
		(SELECT DISTINCT ON(name) name, 1 As psort, gid ,
the_geom
			FROM foll
		ORDER BY name, gid) fs
	ORDER BY 1,2,3) As f