[postgis-users] ST_Translate

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 8 14:30:24 PDT 2008

I've imported a shapefile that requires six rows in the table.

When I translate that shape, of six rows, to another location the shape
becomes distorted.

When I collect the six rows by using ST_Union, then translate the single row
to the new position, there is no distortion.

Is there a method of using ST_Translate, without also using ST_Union, and
still avoid the distortion of the shape??

I need the  geometries of the shape separate to be able to identify the
parts of the shape I need. I seem to lose this informaion when I employ
ST_Union.

Bob