[postgis-users] Importing large feature class into PostGIS fromArcSDE

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Thu Jul 24 05:09:03 PDT 2008

Dana,
I haven't tried this, but I think if you have OGR2OGR compiled with
ArcSDE libraries then you can use that to pipe the data directly to
PostGIS without an intermediary file.  Unfortunately you can't get a
precompiled version with ArcSDE I think because of licensing issues so
you have to compile yourself.

I suspect that would require the least amount of effort if you get it
going since you can list all the feature classes you want to export on
one line.

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html

I've just barely installed ArcGIS Desktop on my pc and haven't really
even opened it up, so can't be much help there.

Hope that helps,
Regina