[postgis-users] ESRI Geodatabases, relationship classes and PostGIS

Juan Declet reguerete at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:26:46 PDT 2008

Thanks to your input I have been able to input all the ESRI Geodatabase
feature classes and tables. I used the OGR2OGR tool with the parameters
specified by Regina. Note that to append all tables you should omit table
names.

I am able to display the database tables in ArcMap using zigGIS. However,
when I try to add a feature class, I get the following errors in the zigGIS
Feedback window:

1. Unsupported geometry type GEOMETRY
   I understand this was created by the OGR2OGR tool. Can I just delete it?

2. Unsupported type Decimal on FeatureClassNameORTableName.OBJECTID

This is the most troubling of the error messages. The OBJECTID is,
of course, what ESRI uses as primary key to link the spatial vector table to
the attribute table of a feature class.  If this type is not supported, how
can an ESRI Feature Class work correctly in PostGIS?

3. The FeatureClassNameORTableName.gid field was not found.

No idea on what this means.

Thanks!