[postgis-users] build_histogram2d function problem

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 03:26:59 PDT 2008

caij at lreis.ac.cn wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I want to know how to use the function build_histogram2d(histogram2d, text, text) to build the histogram2d of gist index.
>     I have tried use it like this:
>     select build_histogram2d('HISTOGRAM2D(xmin ymin,xmax ymin)','quanbj1_10000_6_9_fullscreen', 'wkb_geometry')
>     when i run it ,i get the error information like this:"ERROR:  lwhistogram2d parser - doesnt have a ; in sring!"
>     anybody who can tell me the reason?and anybody can tell me how to build the histogram2d of gist index.
>
>     u r appreciated!

build_histogram2d() is part of the deprecated statistics subsystem which
  only ever got used for PostgreSQL versions < 8.0. If you want access
to the 2D histograms created during ANALYZE, I think you should be able
to get at them through the pg_statistic table or the related pg_stats view.

HTH,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland