[postgis-users] Updated shapefile to update postgres database

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jun 7 13:17:46 PDT 2008

Here is a thought, but not sure how slow this will be

DELETE FROM mystreets_table
WHERE street = 'N/A' AND
EXISTS (SELECT n.street FROM mystreets_table n  WHERE (n.street <> 'N/A' AND
n.street > '')  AND ST_Equals(n.the_geom, mystreets_table.the_geom))

The st_equals might be better to replace with ~=  if you want to match exact
vertices.  I presume ~= is actually more efficient

Hope that helps,
Regina