[postgis-users] Get BBox from different kind of geometry

doktoreas thedoktor78 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:43:52 PDT 2008

Hello everybody,
I have a db with different kind of geometry that I show using Geoserver and
OpenLayers.
For creating a simple "zoom-to-feature" function, I need to get the BBox
value for each geometry; this is not a problem for polygon and lines ( with
envelope function)  but, as it's normal, can't be done for point.
My first idea is to get the point location and creating a custom BBox from
that by adding/subtracting a fixed value to the x,y.

Is there a better way for doing this?

Thanks
Luca