[postgis-users] OT: Any one know of a Census list that discusses the Tiger data

Randy George rkgeorge at cadmaps.com
Fri Jun 20 15:54:27 PDT 2008

Hi Barend,

... tiger census
"The report confirmed initial findings that there are no more than 1,500
tigers in India's reserves and jungles _ down from about 3,600 just five
years ago and an estimated 100,000 a century ago. One thing this report has
found, very alarmingly, is that there are virtually no wild tiger
populations outside the reserves," Wright said. -

another subcontinent forums Nov 3, 2007 ...

:)

For Stephen,

Also this somewhat critical caveat on the use of current TIGER Census 2007 -
TIGER2007FE
http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tgrshp2007/usernote2007.html

Especially see:
 note 9 - no address fields populated in the edges.shp, you can populate
L/RFROMADD, L/RTOADDR,ZIPL/R from external onetomany addr.dbf fields

 note 10 - mixed primary and alternate names in edges.shp FULLNAME field,
you can repopulate from the external onetomany in the featname.dbf paying
attention to PAflag

Randy