[postgis-users] PostGIS and Java

David Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 00:26:35 PST 2008

whats the nature of the error message ?

Do you get messages about not being able to find the class when your
building your application or some type of error when you run your
application?

>From what you have said so far I would suspect a class issue problem, ie
the jar file that includes the correct postgres deriver is not on your
classpath.

There is one jar file that includes all the class files that are required
to access a postgres database.  There another jar file include with the
postgis download, it includes all the addional classes required to access
the postgis data types.  It must be include in your class path as well as
thenormal postgres java driver class.
D.