[postgis-users] shp2pgsql: not accepting the command?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Mar 5 07:08:47 PST 2008

Stefan, you're using my PostGIS binary?  I thought I had renamed the
Postgis getopt() to force it to be the one used, but looking at my
source I see that I didn't, this time.  I must have downloaded a fresh
copy of the source and forgot that patch.

And, do you have a 64bit Mac (Core 2 Duo) or one of the first 32bit
Core Duo Macs?

Mark, I don't know about the original why, but in this case, the
PostGIS getopt() works, while the OSX 10.5 32bit getopt() does not.
The 64bit OSX getopt() does work.  There has been a system update
since then, so I need to test it again.  (actually, very soon, since I
was just about to rebuild for Postgres 8.3)

On Mar 5, 2008, at 4:55 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 March 2008 05:51:12 Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
>
>> Ah... yes indeed. 10.5.
>>
>> So, what do you recommend? Wait and see? Hmm....
>
> I think the first question to ask is why do we supply our own copy
> of getopt
> with shp2pgsql/pgsql in the first place? Is it because it's missing on
> something like Solaris? My temptation would be to simply remove it,
> and let
> everything use the system getopt...
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Mark.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe