[postgis-users] shp2pgsql bug?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 5 08:54:02 PST 2008

Hi all,

I have run into a problem with shp2pgsql -D that uses the COPY command.
I have recently run into various files on different projects that seem
to have newlines embedded in some of the character data fields. This
totally breaks using the -D option. Similarly, an embedded tab char
would break this.

I can load the data without the -D but it takes significantly longer.

I am wondering if an option to replace newline and tab characters with a
space might not be a good option to have.

-Steve