[postgis-users] Raster suggestions?

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 08:54:01 PST 2008

>  What does your mapfile layer definition look like when you use the
>  postgis tileindex?

orthophoto is a view defined on my raster table, registered in the
geometry_columns table.

<...snippet...>
  # the orthophoto tileindex layer
  layer
    name "orthophoto_tindex"
    connection "host=localhost dbname=sdi port=5432 user=www-data
password=www-data"
	 connectionType POSTGIS
	 data "bbox from orthophoto using unique id"
	 class
	    name "orthophoto"
	 	outlinecolor 12 221 71
	 end
	 type polygon
  end
 ############## END tileindex #############################
# then the layer(s) using tileindex (metadata tag cut because of its length)
  layer
    TRANSPARENCY 100
    name "orthophoto"
    type RASTER
    tileindex "orthophoto_tindex"
    tileitem "path"
    minscale  500
    maxscale  10000
    # required to serve attributes in GML format for getFeatureInfo request
    DUMP TRUE
    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:27582"
    END
end

I find it useful to store all geo-related info into postgis (base
repository for my  Spatial Data Infrastructure).
I can switch the tileindex layer on when debugging my application,
instead of displaying the raster data (just showing the rasters'
bouding boxes in the map)

Nico