[postgis-users] MapServer-Postgis connection problem

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Fri Mar 14 06:56:28 PDT 2008

Frank,

What error message do you get on the production server?
This could be a firewall setting/port config problem between the postgis
domain and the
production server's domain. This usually blocks port 5432 that is
used by default for postgresql connections.

GL

Francis Langelier wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have two MapServer installations that access a PostGIS database.
> One is a test server located in the same domain as Postgis and one is
> a production server located in a separate domain from Postgis.
>
>  Both servers access successfully to Postgis data from an php
> application using pgsql, but only test server can access to Postgis
> data using Mapserver.
>

> I'm using ms4w on both servers. Test server and Postgis server are
> under Windows XP. Production server is under Windows Server 2003.
>
>  - The mapfiles are identical on both servers except for the
> connection string to Postgis (I used both IP addresses and domain
> name, no difference)
>
>  - MapServer works fine on both servers. I don't get any error, It's
> only postgis data that aren't drawn on production server (raster work
> fine).
>
>  - pg_hba.conf has been edited to accept access from both servers
>
> - listen_addresses = '*' in postgresql.conf
>
>  Does someone can help me?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Frank

Guido Lemoine
Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Support to External Security
Via E. Fermi, 2749 TP 267 Ispra 21027 (VA), Italy
Tel. +39 0332 786239 (direct line) Fax. +39 0332 785154
WWW: http://ses.jrc.it
Disclaimer:
Views expressed are those of the individual and do not represent
the views of the European Commission