[postgis-users] TIGER/Line Shapefiles released

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Mon Mar 31 17:57:39 PDT 2008

* Peter Foley (pwfoley at gmail.com) wrote:
> For those of you who have been waiting, the Census bureau finally released
> the new TIGER/Line shapefiles.
> The information page and download links are here:
> http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tgrshp2007/tgrshp2007.html

Yup, *finally*.

> This download page is more wget-friendly:
> http://www2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TIGER2007FE/

I think they may have also upgraded their pipe..  I got about 1.41MB/s
(11 Mb/s) for the whole transfer.  It's about 22G all told.  I'll
probably be trying to load it up into PG on one of our servers tomorrow.
It was a bit over 4 hours for me to pull down off of their
ftp2.census.gov ftp site.

lftp ftp2.census.gov:/geo/tiger/TIGER2007FE> mirror .
Total: 3313 directories, 56534 files, 0 symlinks
New: 56520 files, 0 symlinks
22363894773 bytes transferred in 15137 seconds (1.41M/s)

	Enjoy,

		Stephen