[postgis-users] Unique Coverage

Dylan Lorimer edylan at google.com
Fri May 2 16:29:12 PDT 2008

Hi PostGIS Users,

Have what I hope is a simple problem that I'm not sure how to solve with
PostGIS. I think I need to do a self-join on 0 overlap, but I'm just not
certain.

Given a number of polygons, some overlapping, some not, I want to produce
the geometries of all non-overlapping areas...ie all unique "pixels". This
has specifically to do with catalogs of overlapping imagery over an area,
where I have polygons for each scene and want to compute unique pixels.

Would I join a table with itself to achieve this?

Cheers,
dylan