[postgis-users] Problems after distro upgrade

Marcus C. England marcuscengland at gmail.com
Tue May 6 19:25:51 PDT 2008

Regarding the message below, I fixed the problems thanks to an error
message in openjump. All of these programs depend on liblwgeom.so.1.2
and ubuntu hardy upgraded that library to liblwgeom.so.1.3. I created a
symlink to the upgraded file and that fixed the problem.

-Marcus
________
Hello all,

I have a SERIOUS problem here because I have to get a map made and I can
not access my data. I upgraded Ubuntu from 7.10 to 8.04. I just
discovered that I apparently can not use my postgis layers in either
qgis (which can see the layers but crashes when I load them) or gvsig
(which does not see the layers but can connect to the database). The
appropriate packages are still installed and I did NOT upgrade to the
newer postgresql-8.3-postgis package when I upgraded my os.

I can view the layers fine in pgAdminIII.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Marcus