[postgis-users] Does ST_AsText truncate or round

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon May 19 20:36:11 PDT 2008

Kevin,

Thanks.  This and Paul's comments helps to weight the pros and cons.

Well unfortunately I don't control the client application - but it will be
the same client application that is always used and since a lot of the
editing is done via javascript (custom open layers and GeoServer mix I think
- I'll have to find out more of the details of that to better weigh the
ramifications). I'm not quite sure how easy it will be to swing a WKB editor
in there or if that would be overkill.  It is not high precision stuff and
for the most part I think all the transformations have already been done
that will be.

Thanks,
Regina