[postgis-users] PostgreSQL/PostGIS and ArcGIS Server 9.3

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Thu May 22 23:46:27 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've read bits and pieces about PostgreSQL/PostGIS and ArcGIS Server 9.3
and how they (might) inter-operate.  Can anybody point me to a concise
summation of what's happening there?  I understand ArcGIS Server will be
able to use PostGIS geometries, but at what cost (performance and
functionality)? Does this mean we can have ArcGIS and open source
clients editing the same geometries?

ArcGIS Server 9.3 beta is in the wild, and I've read that the final
release is due "soon".  Anyone have any idea if soon is measured in
weeks or months?

Regards,
Tim Bowden