[postgis-users] PostgreSQL/PostGIS and ArcGIS Server 9.3

Rob Tester robtester at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:14:21 PDT 2008

Okay, I have the current 9.3 rc1 with the SDE and PostGIS. I also have
talked with some of the developers at ESRI and can tell you the following.

Yes the support for PostGIS does exist. The geometries can be in WKB or SDE
(we keep ours in WKB). According to the developers of SDE for PostGIS there
isn't a large difference in the type anyway. But you can't use both at the
same time, so you have to pick your poison.

I have also patched ZigGIS so that it works with just the ArcGIS Engine
which is what we use to develop our applications.

Rob.