[postgis-users] srid

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Mon May 26 11:18:00 PDT 2008

Hi, Bob,

Bob Pawley <rjpawley at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I think I have the spatial_ref_table with a couple of rows that should be
> recognized by the ST_Transform function.
>
> However, I now get the error "Input geometry has unknown (-1) srid".
>
> Does anyone have a thought on how to overcome this? Is this error realing
> telling me that the function still doesn't recognize the srid?

No, it is telling you that the input geometry (the one that you feed
into st_transform) has the SRID -1 which is reserved for unknown SRIDs.

As st_transform() transforms between two reference systems /
projections, you have to use setsrid() to apply the correct srid to the
source geometry, and then you can transform it to the desired targed
srid.

Regards,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org