[postgis-users] Strange problem with && Problem worked around

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Nov 6 20:55:52 PST 2008

I guess I should add to this.  It just occurred to me that maybe my trigger
is getting in the way of PostGIS's ability to add and drop the bounding
boxes and so maybe what I was seeing were cached boxes before the move.

So I dropped my triggers and then ran the below and that seemed to make the
table answer agree with my static answer and be what I was expecting.

UPDATE ga.ga_other_edges
SET the_geom = ST_DropBBOX(the_geom)
WHERE tlid IN(66664219,66664276);

UPDATE ga.ga_other_edges
SET the_geom = ST_AddBBOX(the_geom)
WHERE tlid IN(66664219,66664276);

So I guess the work around is to add the ST_DropBBOX, ST_AddBBOX as part of
my trigger.  Can any one think of a better solution to this problem.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Regina