[postgis-users] shp2pgsql question

Dana Lee dlee at mGeo.ca
Fri Nov 7 11:13:27 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm new to PostGIS and am having troubles running shp2pgsql. When I run the
command below nothing happens, there is not Jordyn.sql file in my C drive.
I've copied the shp2pgsql.exe and shapefile to my C drive and changed my
current directory to my C drive, then tried running the command with and
without the c:/ but nothing ever happens. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

c:/shp2pgsql -s 26912 -p c:/Jordyn Jordyn > c:/Jordyn.sql

Dana