[postgis-users] upgis_cascadeunion and postgis-1.3.4rc2

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Nov 9 11:04:06 PST 2008

Toby,

Sorry about that. Must be some recent setting upgrade on our webserver that
no longer allows sql files as valid download.

Here is the new download link

http://www.bostongis.com/downloads/upgis_cascadeunion_functions_plpgsql.zip

And I have updated the wiki accordingly.

Regarding issue of if it will be in postgis-1.3.4rc2.  The answer is no and
I don't expect it to make it into postgis-1.3.4 since it hasn't undergone
enough testing.

In 1.4 there probably will be an improved ST_Union and will probably be
faster than the above, and hopefully that version will be built into GEOS
(basically a straight JTS port of Cascaded Union) so it can also be used by
other applications that use GEOS.

Hope that helps,
Regina