[postgis-users] Problem in migrating shapefile to postgis

Ervin Ramonllari ervin.ramonllari at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 06:09:54 PST 2008

Hi,

You are trying to load some data to a PostGIS and your data are in lat/long (according to .prj file).
This means that the SRID to be used is 4326 (the value for -s parameter).

I don't know if you really need the other parameters (-i, -D), but if you don't need them, better don't use.
First try with few parameters, like :
shp2pgsql -s 4326 LopGiaoThong.shp LopGiaoThong > LopGiaoThong.sql
psql -d postgis -h dbhost -U postgres -f LopGiaoThong.sql        where dbhost is the host machine of your database.

hope that helps!