[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.3.4 RC3 released

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Thu Nov 13 09:33:32 PST 2008

I'm trying to compile it with PostgreSQL 8.2.4 with no luck.

I did this (configure and make had no errors):
./configure --with-pgsql=/opt/pgsql-test/bin/pg_config
make
make install

Yields this as an error during install:
mkdir: unrecognized option `--prefix/share'
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
make[1]: *** [install-lwgeom-scripts] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/postgresql-test/contrib/postgis-1.3.4rc3/lwgeom'
make: *** [liblwgeom-install] Error 2

Looking back, I realized the config.log had this:
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile.config
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.config.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating config.h

  SUMMARY

  HOST_OS: linux-gnu

    PGSQL: /opt/pgsql-test/bin/pg_config
     GEOS: /usr/local/bin/geos-config (with C-API)
           (ldflags: -L/usr/local/lib)
     PROJ: prefix=/usr/local libdir=/usr/local/lib
    ICONV: 1

  PORTNAME: linux
    PREFIX: --prefix
   EPREFIX: ${prefix}
       DOC: --prefix/doc/postgresql/contrib
      DATA: ${datarootdir}
       MAN: ${datarootdir}/man
       BIN: /opt/pgsql-test/bin
       EXT: /opt/pgsql-test/lib (\$$libdir)

It looks like for some reason the PREFIX did not get it's variable defined.
Cheers,
Kevin