[postgis-users] return boundary

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Mon Nov 24 12:24:43 PST 2008

I think you're right ... there isn't a simple answer to your problem.

A complicated approach might be something like:
1. extract the boundary lines from your polygons.
2. convert the boundary lines into a collection of two-coordinate linestrings.
3. remove the closest pairs of linestrings from neighbouring polygons.
4. collect the lines and repolygonize.

-- Kevin