[postgis-users] Point Distribution

naina susen naina.susen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:01:44 PST 2008

Hi All,

 I have a table called medical_shops, the columns are gid,name and the_geom,
there are nearly 1000 data,  I should be able to pick 100 out of them the
resultant of the data, should not overlap or appear next to each other means
there should be an equal distribution.

Can anybody suggest me on how to do this! I tried using random selection in
postgresql, but it did not work, and hope it is possible in postgis, while
reading postgis documentation i came across a function called ST_Distance()
will that work?

 Thank you
-Naina Susen