[postgis-users] 1.3.4SVN Testers Wanted

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Tue Oct 14 05:35:51 PDT 2008

You requested platform testing for Solaris.
I tried the current svn snapshot (postgis-1.3.svn) yesterday.

configure and make went OK on my Solaris 2.7 (SunOS 5.7) with
GCC 3.3.2, pg 8.1.5, geos 3.0.0 and proj 4.5.

Here is the output of make check:

make -C regress test
make[1]: Entering directory
`/data3/usr/local/src/postgresql/postgresql-8.1.5/contrib/postgis-1.3.svn/regress'
Creating spatial db postgis_reg
TMPDIR is /tmp/pgis_reg_9996

   PostgreSQL 8.1.5 on sparc-sun-solaris2.7, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.2
   Postgis 1.3.4SVN - 2008-10-13 10:54:04
     GEOS: 3.0.0-CAPI-1.4.1
     PROJ: Rel. 4.5.0, 22 Oct 2006

Running tests

   loader/Point.............. ok
   loader/PointM.............. ok
   loader/PointZ.............. ok
   loader/MultiPoint.............. ok
   loader/MultiPointM.............. ok
   loader/MultiPointZ.............. ok
   loader/Arc.............. ok
   loader/ArcM.............. ok
   loader/ArcZ.......... ok
   loader/Polygon.............. ok
   loader/PolygonM.............. ok
   loader/PolygonZ.............. ok
   regress. ok
   regress_index. ok
   regress_index_nulls. ok
   lwgeom_regress. ok
   regress_lrs. ok
   removepoint. ok
   setpoint. ok
   simplify. ok
   snaptogrid. ok
   affine. ok
   wkt. ok
   measures. ok
   long_xact. ok
   ctors. ok
   sql-mm-serialize. ok
   sql-mm-circularstring. ok
   sql-mm-compoundcurve. ok
   sql-mm-curvepoly. ok
   sql-mm-general. ok
   sql-mm-multicurve. ok
   sql-mm-multisurface. ok
   geojson. ok
   regress_ogc. ok
   regress_bdpoly. ok
   regress_ogc_cover. ok
   regress_proj. ok
   kml. ok

Run tests: 39
Failed: 0

Håvard

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> 1.3.4 is very close to release, but we can release it faster, with
> less intestinal distress, if we get some solid pre-release testing
> from folks. You can download the current SVN version directly from the
> downloads page, no SVN client required:
>
> http://postgis.refractions.net/download/postgis-1.3.4SVN.tar.gz
>
> If you want to also try the latest preparedgeometry enhancements,
> you'll need to upgrade your GEOS version to the SVN trunk before
> compiling and installing1.3.4SVN,
> http://download.osgeo.org/geos/geos-svn.tar.bz2
>
> Even if you don't, you should see some performance increases in 1.3.4,
> particularly in point-and-polygon predicate tests, and large joins
> using point-ant-polygon predicates.
>
> Let us know how it goes. We are particularly  interested in any
> compilation difficulties or regression failures on less common unix
> variants (Solaris on Sparc, AIX on Power, etc)
>
> Paul

Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB
Drøbakveien 31, POBox 5003, N-1432 Ås, NORWAY
Phone: +47 64965483 Fax: +47 64965401 http://www.umb.no/imt/