[postgis-users] Load ESRIgeodatabase XML t directly into PostGIS?

Todd Fagin tfagin at coordinatesolutions.com
Thu Oct 16 05:13:34 PDT 2008

Greetings,

I am quite new to PostGIS and have a question about loading an ESRI XML
Workspace Document.  I have done a quick search of the archives from this
year, but haven't found any topics on the matter.  If this has been
addressed before, though, I apologize.

The question is actually just that: we have an ESRI XML Workspace Document.
Is it possible to load this schema directly into PostGIS?

I know that OGR <http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_pgeo.html>  supports reading
ESRI Personal Geodatabase files, so I could theoretically load the XML
document into a .mdb. However, the goal is to bypass this intermediate step
and go straight to PostGIS.

Thank you in advance,

Todd Fagin

Coordinate Solutions, Inc.