[postgis-users] Your opinion on geocoding ?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Oct 20 13:02:01 PDT 2008

Smith,

The general approach taken is using line interpolation -
ST_line_interpolate_point(linestring geometry, locationfraction float8).

So if you have a street say that has number

1 - 10

and you know you want street number 2
you would take intepolated point  at position 0.2 along the segment.

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ch06.html#id2531874

Unfortunately we don't have any examples yet in the docs of that.

  _____