[postgis-users] geometry field doesn't show up in gvSig

stetou Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Fri Oct 31 05:00:34 PDT 2008

Hi,
I have apostgis table that I can load in qgis but I can't with gvSig. In
gvSig the Geometry field list box is empty so I can not complete the GeoBD
wizard.
I tried with other tables and it works. Maybe the way I created this table
is not correct. Here is what I did:
in the sql below ad2001 is a table with a geometry field visible in gvSig
defavorisation2001 is a table without geometry
I made a join from these 2 tables. Do you something wrong in the creation of
this new table?
thanks,
steve

select distinct a.gid, a.the_geom, b."ADIDU", b."QUINTMAT", b."QUINTSOC"
into lim_admin.IndiceDefavorisation
from lim_admin.ad2001 as a, lim_admin. defavorisation2001 as b
where a."dauid" = b."ADIDU";

alter table lim_admin.IndiceDefavorisation
 add CONSTRAINT IndiceDefavorisation_pkey PRIMARY KEY (gid),
 --add column idUnique serial PRIMARY KEY,
 add CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_the_geom CHECK (ndims(the_geom) = 2),
 add CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_the_geom CHECK (geometrytype(the_geom) =
'MULTIPOLYGON'::text OR the_geom IS NULL),
 add CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_the_geom CHECK (srid(the_geom) = 4326);

CREATE INDEX IndiceDefavorisation_the_geom_gist
  ON lim_admin.IndiceDefavorisation
  USING gist
  (the_geom);