[postgis-users] GISVM - Free GIS Virtual Machine Pre-release

Barend Kobben kobben at itc.nl
Wed Sep 3 01:01:33 PDT 2008

> I am a true believer in Virtualization!!!
That's very nice for you, but realistically speaking out of the potential
user group for Free and Open Source GIS tools, a veeery small percentage is
true believers, and a quite large percentage has no clue what virtualization
is, and will not be willing or able to find out...

--
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-Information

On 02-09-08 23:22, "Ricardo Pinho" <rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> pcreso wrote:
>>

>> Is there any reason this can't be made available as an ISO for normal
>> install as well as a VM image?
>>
>> Brent Wood
>>

> Hi Brent,
>
> No, there is no particulary reason! Only it's name ;-)
> It is possible to make a ISO version of GISVM...
>
> But my guess is that you will probably benefit more if you use a Virtual
> Machine.
> It has so many more advantages!!!!
> http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=JIApJMzGzDQ
>
> I am a true believer in Virtualization!!!
>
> Cheers,
> Ricardo

International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
Chamber of Commerce: 410 27 560

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.