[postgis-users] Any Projected Straights Function?

Fonseca Hespanha de Oliveira, Joao da J.P.daFonsecaHespanhadeOliveira at tudelft.nl
Thu Sep 11 09:32:09 PDT 2008

Hi!

I am currently doing research on UML modeling of cadastre and land administration data. On a Object Diagram, there is a situation where a check should be done on the projected straights of a building outline (original building to be depicted in 3D), in order to see if it is contained within a land parcel (depicted on a 2D planar partition).

I check both the ISO 13249-3 (SQL/MM Part3: Spatial) and PostGIS documentation and could not find any explicit reference. So, can PostGIS do this kind of check?

João Paulo Hespanha
Technical University Delft
OTB Research Institute
PhD Student - GiST & GIGB Sections